Republished for the Stroud Area Regional Police Department
On Friday, August 11, 2023 the Stroud Area Regional Police Department received information from the Pennsylvania State Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigations, regarding the sexual abuse of a child, as well as the production and distribution of child pornography at a residence in Stroud Township, Pennsylvania.
Based on the information received and further investigation, a search warrant was served at a residence on Avenue A in Stroud Township.
As a result of the investigation a Christopher Horsfield, a 49 year-old white male from Stroud Township, was arrested and charged will the following crimes:
- Rape of a Child (1 Count, F1)
- Statutory Sexual Assault (1 Count, F1)
- Involuntary Deviate Sexual Intercourse (1 Count, F1)
- Aggravated Indecent Assault (1 Count, F2)
- Incest of a Minor (1 Count, F2)
- Sexual Abuse of Children – Possession of Child Pornography (100 Counts, F2)
- Sexual Abuse of Children – Photographing, videotaping, or filming sexual acts (1 Count, F2)
- Sexual Abuse of Children – Dissemination of photographs, videotapes, films (1 Count, F3)
- Indecent Assault (1 Count, F3)
- Indecent Exposure (1 Count, M1)
- Corruption of Minors (1 Count, M1)
Horsfield was transported to the Monroe County Correctional Facility and arraigned by District Judge Colleen Mancuso. Bail was set at $500,000.
This continues to be an active ongoing investigation. The Detective Unit is also seeking the public’s help in identifying any other potential victims.
Anyone with information regarding this incident are asked to contact Stroud Area Regional Police , Detective Christian Capone at (570) 421-6800 Ext:1053 or via email at email@example.com